Sweet Paul for the original recipe! I'm reposting here so I am never without it! I hope you love it as much as me!
Perfect Chocolate Cake!
2 cups of sugar
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of cocoa (I love the Trader Joe's brand)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil (I used Canola)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup hot coffee
1 stick salted butter
2/3 cup of cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two 9 inch pans.
- Combine all dry cake ingredients in large bowl or your mixer.
- Add all the wet ingredients except for coffee and mix until combined.
- Add hot coffee and mix until combined
- Pour batter into pans and bake 30-34 minutes or until the sides pull away from the edges.
- Cool completely.
- For the frosting, melt the butter on the stove, add cocoa and combine.
- Remove from heat pour into a mixing bowl, add vanilla and sugar. Add milk until frosting reaches a good consistency.
Enjoy! This is the best chocolate cake I have ever had!