Anyway, I woke up yesterday desperate for someone to bring me some chicken soup...and since I'm the mom, there wasn't a whole lot of chance of that happening. I thought if I could just find a recipe easy enough...maybe I could handle doing it. A little prayer and google later...voila. I found/created the BEST chicken noodle soup recipe ever.
No joke. Doug says it's the best homemade soup he's ever had. And he's a picky eater.
Even better. Prep takes less than ten minutes. And it cooks in the crock pot.
Don't stick your nose up like that...it's good!:)
If I insist on it, will you make this? Quickly before winter leaves us, ok?
Here's my new favorite recipe for good ol' chicken noodle soup.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used these to make it easier...no bones or skin to deal with)
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste, depending on saltiness of broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion chopped (about 3/4c-1c)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly chopped (roughly the same amount as the onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 ounces egg noodles (I did two reach in the bag handfuls)
- (if you INSIST you can add one chopped carrot but who would do that?)
See! Told you it was easy. :)
And I just had leftovers for lunch! The noodles were still good and the soup was still amazing!