i was sure to cover my tracks well...throwing away scraps and hiding the quilt in progress deep in the depths of my messy craft closet.
All the fabrics from the front and binding are from etsy and hawthornethreads.com. for the back i used a queen sized sheet...using the sheet saved me about 50% in cost. :)
i basically cut all my fabrics into varying widths of strips...and sewed them all together...and cut the strips in thirds...then mixed them up and off set them for a wonky bar code type of pattern.
i made it all up as i went.
to quilt it i just did wide parallel lines. i wanted to keep it simple because i thought it went best with the quilt and i really didn't have time to do an intricate quilting pattern.
and as doug requested, there is a cozy, fuzzy, 30in foot pocket at the bottom. i attached it to the quilt before i did the binding and then binded it right on.
i can't tell you how happy it makes me to have really surprised him! he swears he had no idea but i just cant believe i pulled it off.
having surprised him with something that he really loves...is the best gift that i think i have ever gotten. :)