i finished my first julie project!
this one was for four picnic placemats.
but as i made them i thought about how great they would
be for eating out...that is if you are one
of those moms like me who wipe down every
surface in reach of your kids in a public restaurant.
what i did different: i added a ribbon tie to the side, so
when you roll them up, you can tie them up. :)
what i learned: ironing really DOES make the sewing
easier. i can't believe i just typed that. i hate to iron.
if you would like to claim one before i add them to the
shop they will be $6 each plus $2 shipping.
just email me. :)
they measure approx 15 1/2in by 10 1/2in. washable.
there is a pocket for the utensils and napkin.
Also this weekend I made my first :
Chocolate Cream Pie
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- Combine sugar, flour, milk, and chopped up chocolate in 2 quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Mix a little of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, beating rapidly to avoid cooking the yolks. Stir the warm yolk mixture into the remainder of the chocolate mixture, and cook for an additional 90 seconds. Remove from heat, and stir in butter or margarine and vanilla.
- Pour filling into pie shell, and chill until set. Top with whipped topping, and a little grated chocolate.
Totally indulgent...and yummy...and pretty easy too. :)