Trying to put the focus in the right place from the beginning.
Are you making a list?
I'd love to see it.
1. Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
2. Bake in foil in a preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
(I did this in the microwave minus the foil)
3. Let cool.
4. Cut potatoes.
5. Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
6. Add flour, stirring until smooth.
7. Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Gradually add milk.
9. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
10. Pour into crock pot and then add potato cubes, salt, pepper, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and chicken granules.
11. Cook on High for 4 hours.
12. If soup is to thick, add a little milk at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
13. Garnish with additional cheese and crumbled bacon.
Yummy and easy. My favorite combo!