To say thanks for all your amazing and comforting comments on the last post...
well thanks just doesn't do it.
You made me feel less like a freak and more like a normal mom...doing normal mom things.
That, I can handle.
And if you still think I am terrible...well...we can still be friends right?
So have been super duper busy...getting things in line for this here blog...
...a couple of fun things to share with you.
First...remember THIS from last year?
Go check it out and come back...
Well it is THAT time again!
And man...I have got some super duper giveaways for you.
I mean...good enough that I am considering renting a p.o. box in a neighboring town and going by the name Cornbread Jones so I can win them.
They are that good.
But there is still room.
If you have a shop and want to offer up a giveaway...you just send me an email and we will see what we can do...last year the response was SO great that I didn't have time to do them all before Christmas!
This Friday is the first Favorite Things Giveaway...and it is JUST the thing to get you moving.
Come back then...
Once a month (at least for November and December)
I am going to choose my favorite comment from the month...and
send you a cupcake!
Just for being you...because I can.
And because I am really dying to know the hundreds of you who stop by and never leave a comment...if I have to bribe you out of lurkdom...then so be it.
Consider yourself bribed.
So come on all you witty folk, you funny people, you sweet people, you sassy people.
Hit me with your best shot.
Any post, any comment could be a winner.
And wouldn't a cupcake just make your day?
I'll even let you choose the flavor. :)
If you are having some crisp fall days...I have the perfect thing...
Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- additional cooked bacon (optional)
1. Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
2. Bake in foil in a preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
(I did this in the microwave minus the foil)
3. Let cool.
4. Cut potatoes.
5. Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
6. Add flour, stirring until smooth.
7. Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Gradually add milk.
9. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
10. Pour into crock pot and then add potato cubes, salt, pepper, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and chicken granules.
11. Cook on High for 4 hours.
12. If soup is to thick, add a little milk at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
13. Garnish with additional cheese and crumbled bacon.
Yummy and easy. My favorite combo!