Mile high strawberry cake...thanks for the inspiration Meg!!
Doug LOVED it! :)
He even got candles. He felt special and loved. Mission accomplished. :) This is a man among men who works hard for his family and deserved all I could do and more!
Here is something else you should try if you haven't already...corn on the grill a la Crystal. :)
This is what he wanted for dinner...chicken francaise. It is super yummy and easy...here is the recipe in case you want to try it too. :)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 slices lemon, for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the egg and juice of 1/2 lemon. In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side.
- In a medium bowl, mix together broth and juice of 1 lemon, and pour mixture over chicken in skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
Line a pan with that wonderful non-stick foil...place in shucked corn, sprigs of Rosemary or is that Thyme...add a few pats of butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill on low heat...turning the corn often...until it looks like this:That is not burnt...that is yummy!!And just some pics of pretty things in my yard...my Rhododendron bush is beautiful this year...my hydrangea is going to bloom soon too!!!
And these happy little flowers are popping up too. :) Love all the things growing so well for me this year. :)
Still working my bum off...so many ideas in my head just aching to get out...a fun birthday banner...new bag, long legged chickie...and more...I am getting there...will you hang in there until I do? :)